Friday, January 29, 2010

Carousels



Carousels remind me of my childhood, something that we are all trying to subconsciously recreate. The playfulness, the sincerity, and the lack of pretension that we all associate with those times. I'm trying to be more receptive, less hesitant and defensive these days. Swinging or roaming around in a playground has a similar effect, and is something I try to do when I can, either alone or with friends.




But going on a carousel now... that feeling of suddenly letting go of all apprehension, boredom and compromise that adulthood brings.




And to be vividly imaginative as we once were...



Taking pictures at th the Contemporary Museum of Art, I managed to capture this little girl finding delight in the simplest of things..



No comments:

Post a Comment